Joying Technology Co., Ltd
zlink and obd2 at the same time not working - Printable Version

+- Joying Technology Co., Ltd (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Problem Discussion (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: zlink and obd2 at the same time not working (/showthread.php?tid=3597)

zlink and obd2 at the same time not working - hansdijkmannl - 06-22-2019

I have the EU-JY-HOS02N4G head unit and want to use the Hybrid Assistant app from the Play Store at the same time with CarPlay via the z-link app.
But when I start up Hybrid Assistant that uses OBD2 via bluetooth (in my case the OBDlink LX (yes it does work with the Joying unit)) and then connect my iPhone X (iOS 12.3.1) via USB to use CarPlay the OBD connector disconnects and the Hybrid Assistant app cannot see the adapter anymore.

And if I do it the other way around, sometimes the Z-link app cannot connect to my iPhone but the OBD keeps working via Bluetooth.

So it looks like one of the "Hardware services" e.g. Bluetooth or the USB port stops working when I want to use both.

Is this a settings/software problem or a hardware limitation. And if I am gonna use a USB connected OBD connector, will that work at the same time.

RE: zlink and obd2 at the same time not working - admin - 06-24-2019

(06-22-2019, 08:57 PM)hansdijkmannl Wrote:  I have the EU-JY-HOS02N4G head unit and want to use the Hybrid Assistant app from the Play Store at the same time with CarPlay via the z-link app.
But when I start up Hybrid Assistant that uses OBD2 via bluetooth (in my case the OBDlink LX (yes it does work with the Joying unit)) and then connect my iPhone X (iOS 12.3.1) via USB to use CarPlay the OBD connector disconnects and the Hybrid Assistant app cannot see the adapter anymore.

And if I do it the other way around, sometimes the Z-link app cannot connect to my iPhone but the OBD keeps working via Bluetooth.

So it looks like one of the "Hardware services" e.g. Bluetooth or the USB port stops working when I want to use both.

Is this a settings/software problem or a hardware limitation. And if I am gonna use a USB connected OBD connector, will that work at the same time.

If you are using the carplay USB port, the other USB port cannot be used. please be noted.

RE: zlink and obd2 at the same time not working - hansdijkmannl - 06-25-2019

(06-24-2019, 08:03 AM)admin Wrote:  
(06-22-2019, 08:57 PM)hansdijkmannl Wrote:  I have the EU-JY-HOS02N4G head unit and want to use the Hybrid Assistant app from the Play Store at the same time with CarPlay via the z-link app.

If you are using the carplay USB port, the other USB port cannot be used. please be noted.

So I understand, I cannot use future USB DAB+ or TPMS when I use Carplay, this will make this radio almost useless when using Carplay.

RE: zlink and obd2 at the same time not working - admin - 06-26-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:18 AM)hansdijkmannl Wrote:  

So I understand, I cannot use future USB DAB+ or TPMS when I use Carplay, this will make this radio almost useless when using Carplay.

If the head unit comes with the wireless carplay function, then you can use other USB ports. but your head unit does not come with the wireless carplay function.

RE: zlink and obd2 at the same time not working - hansdijkmannl - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 06:32 AM)admin Wrote:  

If the head unit comes with the wireless carplay function, then you can use other USB ports. but your head unit does not come with the wireless carplay function.

Then I would like to return this unit and swap it for the one with Wireless CarPlay because nowhere on your website it says that I cannot use Carplay and the other USB port at the same time.

My order number is #000002383 on june 10, I'd please like to know what is possible.

RE: zlink and obd2 at the same time not working - admin - 06-27-2019

(06-26-2019, 07:44 AM)hansdijkmannl Wrote:  
(06-26-2019, 06:32 AM)admin Wrote:  

Then I would like to return this unit and swap it for the one with Wireless CarPlay because nowhere on your website it says that I cannot use Carplay and the other USB port at the same time.

My order number is #000002383 on june 10, I'd please like to know what is possible.

Please contact support@joyingauto.com we will tell you details about your situation.