Joying unit PX5 and OBD problem
(08-05-2019, 06:31 PM)Tapani Wrote:  Hi!
Kindly,
I haven't got any answer for my questions yet?
Have you forgotten me?
Regards Tapani

Please use our OBD and operate how you use the OBD2 on the video and send us for checking.
Please send hereConfusedupport@joyingauto.com
Ok, I' ll shoot the video how I try to pair the obd unit with bluetooth...
I'll send the video with we transfer. You will get a link for downloading.
-Tapani
Hi!
I have just sent 4 videoclips for you (support@joyingauro.com) of my Joying OBD pairing problems.
Regards Tapani

After checking the videos, here are some Questions:
1. Why does the pairing not turn to green and the bluetooth sign remains grey?
2. Why does the ODBLINK MX adapter work with Pad or Phone but not with Joying unit?
Obdlink adapters are not some cloned shit which I can get from China.These are proper adapters
3. Does Your unit work only with your psesific(cloned?) adapter model.
4. Could you suggest (test)some other adabters that really work with Joying units.
5. How could some other obd adapter companies like obdlink get to work together with you to solve the paring problems.
6. If android pads and phones works with multible odd adapters why not Joying?
7. Is Joying Company a real manufacturer with own technicians and technical support or are you just a seller between factory and customers?
8. Who does your mainboards if not you?
(08-09-2019, 11:20 AM)Tapani Wrote:  Hi!
I have just sent 4 videoclips for you (support@joyingauro.com) of my Joying OBD pairing problems.
Regards Tapani

2. Why does the ODBLINK MX adapter work with Pad or Phone but not  with Joying unit?
Obdlink adapters are not some cloned shit which I can get from China.These are proper adapters
4. Could you suggest (test)some other adabters that really work with Joying units.
5. How could some other obd adapter companies like obdlink get to work together with you to solve the paring problems.
7. Is Joying Company a real manufacturer with own technicians and technical support or are you just a seller between factory and customers?

I am in the same boat as you. I have a proper ODBLink MX Bluetooth adapter
It is to my understanding Joying has a butchered Bluetooth Stacks software/driver they made of their own. It only allows the basic OBD2 devices with a 4 digit pin code (generally 0000 or 1234)
The ODBLink adapter we have when pressing the sync button will communicate to the connecting device with a 6 digit random code thus making it more secure.

I really wish they would get with the program and allow use of other OBD adapters or at least update proper description stating you have to use sub par ODB for certain features.
(11-22-2019, 06:53 PM)toadfrogjr Wrote:  
(08-09-2019, 11:20 AM)Tapani Wrote:  Hi!
Regards Tapani

2. Why does the ODBLINK MX adapter work with Pad or Phone but not  with Joying unit?

I am in the same boat as you. I have a proper ODBLink MX Bluetooth adapter
It is to my understanding Joying has a butchered Bluetooth Stacks software/driver they made of their own. It only allows the basic OBD2 devices with a 4 digit pin code (generally 0000 or 1234)
The ODBLink adapter we have when pressing the sync button will communicate to the connecting device with a 6 digit random code thus making it more secure.

I really wish they would get with the program and allow use of other OBD adapters or at least update proper description stating you have to use sub par ODB for certain features.

Yes, our head unit only can be compatible with our ELM327 OBD2.