Joying Technology Co., Ltd
Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - Printable Version

+- Joying Technology Co., Ltd (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Problem Discussion (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control (/showthread.php?tid=2851)

Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - omrifd - 11-26-2018

Hi,
I'm using Y-UOS04P4 and recently Spotify app stopped responding steering wheel buttons. Only volume works.
What could be the reason? How can I fix it?

10x

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - admin - 11-27-2018

(11-26-2018, 04:57 PM)omrifd Wrote:  Hi,
I'm using Y-UOS04P4 and recently Spotify app stopped responding steering wheel buttons. Only volume works.

10x

actually , the steering wheel control can not control perfectly with the third party app .
it only can control the default app .

Hope your well-understanding .

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - blindsta - 11-30-2018

(11-27-2018, 08:08 AM)admin Wrote:  
(11-26-2018, 04:57 PM)omrifd Wrote:  Hi,

10x

actually , the steering wheel control can not control perfectly with the third party app .
it only can control the default app .

Hope your well-understanding .

it worked perfectly the steering wheel buttons with spotify app, i don´t know what happened, i think is the last update of spotify app, something changed that now we can´t control the app with steering wheel buttons, PLEASE joying devs solve this problem it helps a lot to not to get distracted while driving

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - blindsta - 11-30-2018

i found the issue, the problem is with the last update of spotify app version: 8.4.81.558, if you install another version down of it, it will back to work the steering wheel buttons and also the hard buttons of the head unit.

PLEASE devs joying! solve this with the new update with spotify!!!

UPDATE: the problem start after the app version: 8.4.78.513

if you want to continue use the steering wheel buttons and hard buttons, then, need to install the spotify apk version: 8.4.78.513 or lower...

i hope that the joying team will solve this problem...

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - omrifd - 12-17-2018

(11-30-2018, 04:00 PM)blindsta Wrote:  i found the issue, the problem is with the last update of spotify app version: 8.4.81.558, if you install another version down of it, it will back to work the steering wheel buttons and also the hard buttons of the head unit.

PLEASE devs joying! solve this with the new update with spotify!!!

UPDATE: the problem start after the app version: 8.4.78.513

if you want to continue use the steering wheel buttons and hard buttons, then, need to install the spotify apk version: 8.4.78.513 or lower...

i hope that the joying team will solve this problem...
Thanks for that!! Hope we will find a workaround to use the newest Spotify app and also use the steering wheel control.

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - ag3n7 - 12-17-2018

Thanks omrifd!
I was actually going nuts trying to understand why I lost steering wheel control on Spotify! Updating firmware, downloading apps like MTCD that is not compatible with my unit. Anyway, I will install version 8.4.78.513 and turn off auto update on this app.
Can't wait to get the controls back.
Thanks again!

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - ptrfree - 01-10-2019

Unfortunately, this has happened in more and more applications such as poweramp, soundcloud. Until recently, all of them worked without any problems.

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - Seenin - 02-11-2019

I am now a victim of spotify steering wheel issues. Also apps like fsgo and torque crash repeatedly. Bummer!

RE: Spotify stopped respond to steering wheel control - hankbarrel23 - 02-28-2019

Same issue here.