Joying Technology Co., Ltd
Potential customer with questions - Printable Version

+- Joying Technology Co., Ltd (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Review (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Potential customer with questions (/showthread.php?tid=3774)

Potential customer with questions - Nfadude - 11-28-2019

Hello all, I have a 98 jeep Cherokee and believe I want the 8.8 single Din widescreen head unit. In researching I've pretty well confused myself and thought you may be able to help.
The features I believe I'd use the most are as follows, please advise me on if I'm informed correctly on the included features.
Navigation: I'd like to use GPS, I see this unit includes a antenna.  Are the maps downloaded into the unit or can I use my phone's internet data connection,  as a stand alone app on the head unit or mirrored from my phone. I dont wish for the head unit to have it's own 4g connection,  I'd rather not pay for the extra service.
Music: similar question as Nav, I use spotify
If both these features use my phone's data connection will my android phone use bluetooth to connect or usb?
Is there a direct wiring adapter from either the 98 jeep harness to the head unit or from the 98 jeep to the supplied ISO harness?
OBD2: must I buy the joying dongle? I already own another brand .
I'm sure I'll think of a few more questions as I go but I appreciate your time.

RE: Potential customer with questions - admin - 12-04-2019

(11-28-2019, 11:05 PM)Nfadude Wrote:  Hello all, I have a 98 jeep Cherokee and believe I want the 8.8 single Din widescreen head unit. In researching I've pretty well confused myself and thought you may be able to help.
The features I believe I'd use the most are as follows, please advise me on if I'm informed correctly on the included features.
Navigation: I'd like to use GPS, I see this unit includes a antenna.  Are the maps downloaded into the unit or can I use my phone's internet data connection,  as a stand alone app on the head unit or mirrored from my phone. I dont wish for the head unit to have it's own 4g connection,  I'd rather not pay for the extra service.
Music: similar question as Nav, I use spotify
If both these features use my phone's data connection will my android phone use bluetooth to connect or usb?
Is there a direct wiring adapter from either the 98 jeep harness to the head unit or from the 98 jeep to the supplied ISO harness?
OBD2: must I buy the joying dongle? I already own another brand.
I'm sure I'll think of a few more questions as I go but I appreciate your time.

1) The map app built-in the head unit. you also can share your phone hotspot with the head unit. so that you can use the internet.
2) We need to check whether our special Jeep head unit can fit in your car. if yes, you can buy the head unit and the harness can be plug and play.
If not and you buy the universal head unit, you need to buy the harness adapter from other sellers.
3) The ELM327 OBD2 can be compatible with our head unit. but we only test our OBD2, we are not sure whether 100% compatible with your OBD2.