Joying Technology Co., Ltd
Another bluetooth complaint - Printable Version

+- Joying Technology Co., Ltd (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Problem Discussion (https://www.forum-joyingauto.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Another bluetooth complaint (/showthread.php?tid=3911)

Pages: 1 2

Another bluetooth complaint - Maximumrisk - 04-26-2020

I truly wish the bluetooth on my unit (single din, manual rotation 9.7 inch) had the ability to connect freely to more devices. I had so many plans when I bought this unit to be able to connect to other devices and now that I have it and realize that I cannot connect to even a simple OBD2 dongle, I feel duped.

I bought this radio for my car, I was going to buy another unit for my truck and another for my wife's mini van, but not anymore.
I gotta admit I am happy with the quality of the screen, the sound is pretty good, the whole feel of the device is very very good, but this bluetooth issue is a deal breaker for me, very disappointing.
Sad

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - LunaEros - 04-26-2020

Yeah, I know. It pisses a lot of us off. They will connect to their own OBDII dongle as well as most that have the ELM327 chip in it. I have an OBDLink MX Bluetooth and it connects to it fine even though it doesn't show it as being connected on the bluetooth screen.
Depending on what model you have you might be able to root it and get around their BT limitations though it would void your warranty.
Try looking around over at forum.xda-developers.com they have forums for all kinds of Android head units.

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - Maximumrisk - 04-26-2020

the OBD2 dongle is just one of the things that did not connect. I built a small, arduino based, gear posititon indicator "gauge" and the radio wont connect to the bluetooth module on the arduino!!. It shows on my phone, my tablet without an issue, but it wont connect to the radio. I had so many plans with this unit, but now I am going to have to sell it and go with a tablet instead which is sad because I love the radio, but the guys at Joying need to understand how important having good bluetooth connectivity is nowadays!!!!!!!!!

And if all of this is because of trying to sell a few more dongles, well....they missed out on selling at least 2 more radios (just to me, not even counting my brothers who where asking about the radio) because of this.

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - LunaEros - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:12 PM)Maximumrisk Wrote:  the OBD2 dongle is just one of the things that did not connect. I built a small, arduino based, gear posititon indicator "gauge" and the radio wont connect to the bluetooth module on the arduino!!. It shows on my phone, my tablet without an issue, but it wont connect to the radio. I had so many plans with this unit, but now I am going to have to sell it and go with a tablet instead which is sad because I love the radio, but the guys at Joying need to understand how important having good bluetooth connectivity is nowadays!!!!!!!!!  

And if all of this is because of trying to sell a few more dongles, well....they missed out on selling at least 2 more radios (just to me, not even counting my brothers who where asking about the radio) because of this.

All the Android head unit makers do that. Someone here did mention that they said they're going to update the firmwares to enable more BT function though. Hopefully it's true.
You also didn't need to make an arduino gear indicator. If you connect to the OBDII and use the app Torque, there is a PID in most car computer systems that indicates what gear the tranny is in and Torque can display it.

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - Maximumrisk - 04-26-2020

you are correct, but my car is an older car with a manual tranmission,

I hope they do allow more bluetooth connectivity, it would make it the perfect headunit!!!

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - LunaEros - 04-27-2020

(04-26-2020, 11:04 PM)Maximumrisk Wrote:  you are correct, but my car is an older car with a manual tranmission,

I hope they do allow more bluetooth connectivity, it would make it the perfect headunit!!!

Ah. Pretty cool to have a gear indicator on an older stick. Kudos!

I hope they do too but I'm not waiting for them. As soon as I find a way I'm rooting mine which should allow me to get the BT working right among many other possibilities.

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - midd - 04-28-2020

I just registered as this my main complaint. I just received my JY-UO135N4GS on Thursday, the 23rd. Installed it only to discover that bluetooth won't connect to my other devices, only my iPhone. I have 2 older Joying units running Android 5. With both rooted, I can use the bluetooth freely.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to go the rooting direction. But I'm seeing even rooting has issues such as no Google access (playstore, services, search etc..)

Come on Joying open up Bluetooth to your consumers.

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - LunaEros - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 12:49 PM)midd Wrote:  Come on Joying open up Bluetooth to your consumers.
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
WHAT HE SAID!!!!!

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - Maximumrisk - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 12:49 PM)midd Wrote:  Come on Joying open up Bluetooth to your consumers.

(04-28-2020, 03:00 PM)LunaEros Wrote:  
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
WHAT HE SAID!!!!!

please, make full bluetooth available. I was looking at this unit for my truck JY-UOS08N4GS-H but without full bluetooth I will not buy it. Once I learn that they have made it available, I will buy it immediately.

RE: Another bluetooth complaint - mclellan83 - 04-30-2020

Like I said in another thread, they had said they were looking into opening them about but that was at least 8-10 months ago. I am sure that the COVID has played a part in a delay if they were actually working on it, but I really don't know that they will. I guess I am going to look at rooting one of my units so that I can run my air ride through it, the top one I had installed FCC car launcher on it anyways to give it a different look. But I am still putting the car back together and even struggling with getting the unit to mount into the GM Metra kit