Microphone level on phone calls
Hi,
When I receive phone calls nobody hears me or very low level.
The microphone works ok with Ok Google, even when I'm driving in a loudy environment so I guess it's not the problem ?
I haven't found any settings to change the microphone level on phone calls, is there one ?
How can I solve this big issue (hands free phone calls is a major feature when driving...)
Thx
(05-04-2019, 04:10 PM)jeromebg Wrote:  Hi,
When I receive phone calls nobody hears me or very low level.
The microphone works ok with Ok Google, even when I'm driving in a loud environment so I guess it's not the problem?
I haven't found any settings to change the microphone level on phone calls, is there one ?
How can I solve this big issue (hands-free phone calls is a major feature when driving...)
Thx

For the microphone problems, please try to update with this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16R5Bgdk5C0ZXkmq40aVqRROC9FX2yCKk/view
1) You need to unzip the updated files on the Windows system. and then copy all the unzipped files (not the folder ) to the USB, which is formatted as FAT32.
and then insert it into the USB port which on the back of the head unit, it will be updated automatically.

2) Please do not unzip the files on the USB.

3) You better use the 32GB or less than 32GB USB.
Hi Jeromebg,

Did sw. update fix this problem? I have pretty much same situation with my HU. It even feels sound quality is better without extra MIC (which is very strange Huh .....)

-Sami
(05-11-2019, 06:19 AM)FinSam Wrote:  Hi Jeromebg,

Did sw. update fix this problem? I have pretty much same situation with my HU. It even feels sound quality is better without extra MIC (which is very strange Huh .....)

-Sami

Hi Sami, sorry for this late reply, didn't received notification...
Even this forum doesn't work as it should...
No the firmware update didn"t changed anything, same issue on phone calls, nobody hears me. The mic might work fine has Ok Google hears me perfect ?
And it's so boring to have to reinstall and setup everything again when you do a firmware update !
Joying hardware seems fine, but software is really bad, please Joying hire a real android developer, it's unbelievable to buy a car head at this price wich is not working with basic features !!! (even hardware is so so, I had to open the head to connect the 4G cable which was disconnected and only got a 'sorry' for that...)
I chose to buy a Joying head instead of a cheaper one on aliexpress because I wanted something working fine, I regret my choice.
PLEASE JOYING SOLVE THIS PROBLEM FAST OR I'LL HAVE TO NOTIFY EVERYONE ON EVERY FORUM HOW BAD IS YOUR SOFT !!!
I have exactly the same problem here.

After more than 70 emails back and forth from Joying support and countless firmware updates that wipe the device every time and you need to setup everything again. Joying support finally tell me to go and buy another better external microphone. See quote below

Joying Support "We suggest you use an external mic. Many customers feedback the built-in mic is worse than the external mic.
If the external mic still has a problem after the update, you can try to use another better-quality external mic, only make sure it is a 3.5mm mic. "

Me Can you please supply a link to "a better quality mic"?

Joying Support Sorry, I have no advice for you. Just make sure it is 3.5mm and used well on other devices.

Me So let me get this right
1. Joying design, manufacture and support these devices.
2. After months and months of support updates and over 68 emails back and forth I am told " I have no advice for you."
I have been in the IT industry for over 25 years supporting and fixing various products, never once have I had a company say " I have no advice for you."
It's your product, you made it, you designed it. So now fix it. Send me the replacement mic that is supposed to work. This is a MAIN feature that is supposed to work and it has not since day 1.

Joying Support
We can send you a new external mic to try but the shipping time is very long from China to Australia, at least need over half a month.
Is that ok for you to wait for that long time?
Also, all of the external mics from us are the same, we're not sure if the new mic will solve the problem or not.
So it is better to purchase a new external mic locally. You can ask the seller which one is best or hot sales.
I purchased my unit a few months ago and have the same problem. Has anyone identified a better quality microphone they could recommend?

Is there any way to get sound level to increase as car speed increases? Thx
Having owned an 8.8” Joying unit for some months now, it has never operated properly since purchased. It suffers the same problems others encounter including not keeping the selected launcher as default, microphone not working properly, lines on reversing screen obliterating rear view, the need to constantly change sound level, poor radio reception, poor telephone (Bluetooth) sound quality etc. Sadly, all the manufacturer does is waste your time suggesting you update firmware or uninstall and install apps, knowing this will make no difference. At times they give you false hope by suggesting an engineer is investigating the problem. The microphone problem has been around for years and the best they could suggest was that I purchase a better quality external microphone. It would be more helpful if they suggested I purchase a better quality head unit, such as one of the branded units supported by car radio installers.

What I find more disappointing than a poor quality, unsupported product is the fact that there are some who compound the problem by recommending these units and not cautioning potential buyers on what to expect in terms of quality and support
Hello,
I've owned a Joying UQS07N8G-B head unit for a month, initially with quite a few problems. Some were solved by me (I have a factory amplifier), others with the help of the support. Regarding the volume of phone calls and the level of the microphone, here's how I solved it:
-While hearing the phone ringing, adjust the desired sound level from the volume button and save! Automatically when you repeat the call, the call volume and the microphone level will be higher, exactly where they were saved. I don't even use an external microphone and bilateral hearing is very good!!
Good luck!

Salve is actually back, right up!
I ended up using an aftermarket microphone Z ZAFFIRO Lavalier microphone seems to work well much better than the factory one.