Poor Sound Quality with speakers popping
Hi

I have a Joying single din with the detachable 6" screen. It has the latest firmware on it.

I put the stereo in my 1998 Audi Cabriolet without changing the speakers and the sound was okay below volume 18 but any higher and every speaker crackled really badly. In fact it crackled so badly that it ended up blowing 2 of my speakers.

The Audi Cabriolet rear speakers have independent amps on them so are impossible to replace. I have had to lay brand new speaker wire (20 AWG oxygen free copper) and I am now using 5.25" Vibe Slick 5 speakers (input up to 70W RMS / 210W Max Power). I also laid brand new cable for the front two speakers and installed some EDST214-E6 speakers (input up to 40W RMS / 80W Max Power).

Even with the new speaker cables, which are using high quality connectors as well, the speakers crackle and pop at any volume above 18. I've turned the "loud" setting off and can get the speakers to 22 before they pop and cackle but surely there's got to be some other setting that can resolve this?

Any one else experience this issue and know how to resolve it? Volume 18 isn't anywhere near loud enough for how I enjoy my music!! I put an old JVC stereo I have laying about (KD-R35) and I can comfortably go to full volume which is really loud and clear with no cackle or pop!

I have also tried the joying on my bench with the speakers connected directly to the speaker output from the stereo and any speaker I have tried that I have laying around cackle and pops above volume 18.

Another thing I tried was to use an old JBL AMP that I had in my shed. Again the sound is perfectly fine until I surpass 18 on the volume on the head unit! I can get much more volume if I use the AMP but I shouldn't need to use the AMP with the speakers that I have bought. Angry

Any help would be appreciated. It would be a shame to have to return this head unit due to the poor sound quality!

My EQ settings are set to flat with no boost on any level.
Update - I have found that using a different APP for the EQ allows me to put the volume much higher without the crackling and popping issue.

Is there any way to replace the stock EQ with one that actually works properly?
(09-08-2018, 11:23 PM)The_IMF Wrote:  Hi

I have a Joying single din with the detachable 6" screen. It has the latest firmware on it.

I put the stereo in my 1998 Audi Cabriolet without changing the speakers and the sound was okay below volume 18 but any higher and every speaker crackled really badly. In fact it crackled so badly that it ended up blowing 2 of my speakers.

The Audi Cabriolet rear speakers have independent amps on them so are impossible to replace. I have had to lay brand new speaker wire (20 AWG oxygen free copper) and I am now using 5.25" Vibe Slick 5 speakers (input up to 70W RMS / 210W Max Power). I also laid brand new cable for the front two speakers and installed some EDST214-E6 speakers (input up to 40W RMS / 80W Max Power).

Even with the new speaker cables, which are using high quality connectors as well, the speakers crackle and pop at any volume above 18. I've turned the "loud" setting off and can get the speakers to 22 before they pop and cackle but surely there's got to be some other setting that can resolve this?

Any one else experience this issue and know how to resolve it? Volume 18 isn't anywhere near loud enough for how I enjoy my music!! I put an old JVC stereo I have laying about (KD-R35) and I can comfortably go to full volume which is really loud and clear with no cackle or pop

I have also tried the joying on my bench with the speakers connected directly to the speaker output from the stereo and any speaker I have tried that I have laying around cackle and pops above volume 18.

Another thing I tried was to use an old JBL AMP that I had in my shed. Again the sound is perfectly fine until I surpass 18 on the volume on the head unit! I can get much more volume if I use the AMP but I shouldn't need to use the AMP with the speakers that I have bought.  Angry

Any help would be appreciated. It would be a shame to have to return this head unit due to the poor sound quality!

My EQ settings are set to flat with no boost on any level.

could you please send us the order number for checking ? please send here : support@joyingauto.com
also please take a problems video .
I just received a brand new unit that also has the same problem. The pops are very very loud and the stereo sounds like it's coming through a tunnel.
(09-18-2018, 12:42 PM)Aaron Wrote:  I just received a brand new unit that also has the same problem. The pops are very very loud and the stereo sounds like it's coming through a tunnel.

please send your order number and your problems video to our support@joyingauto.com