Joying Carplay Dongle & Z-Link APK
Does anyone have a download URL for the Joying Z-Link app ?    I just purchased the dongle, but no app details in the box.   Also cannot find the app on my head unit Intel Sofia JY-UMS03N2 running android 6.0.

Thanks,
Pete
(10-23-2018, 11:05 AM)pete_P38 Wrote:  Does anyone have a download URL for the Joying Z-Link app ?    I just purchased the dongle, but no app details in the box.   Also cannot find the app on my head unit Intel Sofia JY-UMS03N2 running android 6.0.

Thanks,
Pete

Update to my own post. The Joying Zbox APK is inside the OEM folder in the Jan 26th 2018 firmware update, BUT it is V4.1.5 and does NOT work with the Joying Dongle !!

Luckily I found a download for Zbox V4.5.7 on XDA forums that does work !! See this post if anyone needs the APK. Uninstall the Joying V4.1.5 forst and then install this later version.

There is one more issue where the FM or DAB radio does NOt work while the Zbox is running.
Another update to z-link apk found via the XDA forums. I'm now running v4.5.13 with the Joying dongle. The issue where the DAB & FM radios get muted while Z-Link is active remains.

Joying: Please get your software guys to update the app, so it works like all other carplay vehicles. FYI this week I have a Hertz rental Ford Focus with Carplay. It allows FM Radio & Carplay at the same time, so I can use iPhone Navigation while listening to radio music.

Thanks,
Pete
Hey, I have the same model in my car JY-UMS03N2, but didn't get the dongle yet.

I was wondering whether the Waze and Spotify are working properly with the CarPlay.

Could you please comment about it?

Thanks.
Braniak
(12-05-2018, 12:24 PM)braniak Wrote:  Hey, I have the same model in my car JY-UMS03N2, but didn't get the dongle yet.

I was wondering whether the Waze and Spotify are working properly with the CarPlay.

Thanks.
Braniak

Waze works ok.   GPS lock is faster using iPhone than Joying, but generally I use the Android version on the Joying.   Same account on both, so I can plan trips indoors, and then they show up when the Joying connects to WiFi.

Not tried spotify because I don't use it.

Some iPhone apps require you to enable Carplay in iPhone settings, but Apple apps usually default on.  iPhone dialer & contacts is million miles better than the Joying one.  

At moment I mostly do not use the dongle due to the "Muted DAB Radio" issue above.   Joying needs to re-enable background audio focus.
(12-05-2018, 12:24 PM)braniak Wrote:  Hey, I have the same model in my car JY-UMS03N2, but didn't get the dongle yet.

Thanks.
Braniak

Check your CarPlay stereo connection:

• If you have a wired connection, reconnect using a separate USB cable to a different USB port, if you have one.

• If you have a wireless connection, ensure sure Bluetooth is switched on under Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone. Then navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi and ensure that Wi-Fi is also enabled. Check that Auto-Join is enabled on the CarPlay network.
   2. If CarPlay does not activate immediately, locate and choose the CarPlay logo on your vehicle's display.

3. Restart both your iPhone and your vehicle.

4. Make sure Siri is turned on.

5. If CarPlay does not recognize your iPhone, ensure sure it is not limited. Shy  Cool  Smile