I bought the new Joying unit and.......
Question 
Hello,

I recently bought the Joying EU-JY-UO135N4G and so far i love the unit.
It is fast and fits like a glove in a Golf MK4 and looks banging.

After a week this is a small review what I encountered:

I specially wanted this model for the volume/power off knob, as i seen other units having the home- an off button to close together you could easily hit the wrong one while driving.
It came with 2 Harness, one loose wires, which i use in home to have it close to my computer as my test setup and an ISO which fitted my car without any issues.

Hardware:
I do miss detachable usb/4G cables, that would make life much easier to remove and service the unit.

Software issue:
Sometimes without a reason the file manager pops up when i am in the menu, it just pops up randomly, this bug is very annoying.
The radio app RDS isn't readable, can you swap the RDS with the frequency readout, or make a toggle to swap them out. it is already requested in this tread.

Update firmware:
I tried to update the firmware, but without success. I tried to use the SD card and USB sick (fat32) on both USB leads, unpacked and packed.
The update video's from Joying do not show the actual process of setting up the firmware on the media, it only shows from the part you plugin the USB.

The reason i want to update the firmware, so i can use the XDA method to root the unit.
Why i want to root?
I want to remove various apps i do not use, and as they are active and i am not able to disable them, they eat up valuable resources.
Programs like:

* Youtube
* Video player
* TV player
* Filemanager, to replace it with a none buggy one.

The ability to disable, or even better remove them would make the unit even more snappy and saves up valuable storage space.

Ps: the list function on this forum does not work.

(04-12-2019, 08:15 AM)Sevennl Wrote:  Hello,

I recently bought the Joying EU-JY-UO135N4G and so far i love the unit.
It is fast and fits like a glove in a Golf MK4 and looks banging.

After a week this is a small review what I encountered:

I specially wanted this model for the volume/power off knob, as i seen other units having the home- an off button to close together you could easily hit the wrong one while driving.
It came with 2 Harness, one loose wires, which i use in home to have it close to my computer as my test setup and an ISO which fitted my car without any issues.

Hardware:
I do miss detachable usb/4G cables, that would make life much easier to remove and service the unit.

Software issue:
Sometimes without a reason the file manager pops up when i am in the menu, it just pops up randomly, this bug is very annoying.
The radio app RDS isn't readable, can you swap the RDS with the frequency readout, or make a toggle to swap them out. it is already requested in this tread.

Update firmware:
I tried to update the firmware, but without success. I tried to use the SD card and USB sick (fat32) on both USB leads, unpacked and packed.
The update video's from Joying do not show the actual process of setting up the firmware on the media, it only shows from the part you plugin the USB.

The reason i want to update the firmware, so i can use the XDA method to root the unit.
Why i want to root?
I want to remove various apps i do not use, and as they are active and i am not able to disable them, they eat up valuable resources.
Programs like:

* Youtube
* Video player
* TV player
* Filemanager, to replace it with a none buggy one.

The ability to disable, or even better remove them would make the unit even more snappy and saves up valuable storage space.

Ps: the list function on this forum does not work.

Could you please send us the screenshot of "about device" on your head unit?
we need to check and send you the update files.