Head unit initiates gmail contacts to be deleted (sync)
Hi,

I have now noticed that in my unit JY-VO132N4 if trying to use the bluetooth (making a call) and looking for contacts the contact list is empty and if I punch the contacts download button the system initiates a sync where it will clear up all my contacts from my gmail account to which head unit connected.

Phone is showing correctly connected and I can use numbers to make calls normally

User John Molberg has the same issue and has posted video on youtube on it and also partial fix (deactivating the auto sync).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNA9Zthxmg

Still I do not see any contacts in the bluetooth contact list. I downloaded the Google Contacts app in the headunit and can use it to select persons and make calls via that (as long as I have the auto sync option disabled).

Seems that this problem has been there quite a long time now. What is JOYING doing for it ?

Best Regards, Sami
(04-18-2019, 05:25 PM)soiski Wrote:  Hi,

I have now noticed that in my unit JY-VO132N4 if trying to use the bluetooth (making a call) and looking for contacts the contact list is empty and if I punch the contacts download button the system initiates a sync where it will clear up all my contacts from my gmail account to which head unit connected.

Phone is showing correctly connected and I can use numbers to make calls normally

User John Molberg has the same issue and has posted video on youtube on it and also partial fix (deactivating the auto sync).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNA9Zthxmg

Still I do not see any contacts in the bluetooth contact list.  I downloaded the Google Contacts app in the headunit and can use it to select persons and make calls via that (as long as I have the auto sync option disabled).

Seems that this problem has been there quite a long time now. What is JOYING doing for it ?

Best Regards, Sami

Yes, now only "deactivating the auto sync" can be workable.
The ideas shared by"John Molberg" which is shared from us.

Sorry for all the trouble.
I had same issue but never found a Joying update with a fix in it.  

My solution was to disable the head unit bluetooth sync to my iPhone, but use a separate Gmail account for the Joying stereo, which syncs to google over a 3G dongle powered by USB.   I then copied the contacts I actually need in the car from my main account to the new "joying" Gmail account !!  

Now the HU syncs to google but leaves my iPhone intact !! This also keeps Car HU app downloads in a separate account to any android phones & tablet I use elsewhere !!