EU-JY-UO135N4G - Various issues - No SIM - Canbus etc
(12-24-2019, 05:17 PM)blomus Wrote:  I'm fighting with similar issues on a brand new EU version of JY-VO132N4GS (10.1'' VW Skoda Seat Android 8.1.0 Touch Screen Head Unit).

First I did not get any network connection with the installed SIM.Turned out that you need to disable the PIN (found here in the forum) and then it should work. Did that on a brand new SIM card in my mobile phone and installed it back in the radio. From that moment on the SIM card was not recognized anymore. Did everything, reboot, factory reset, SIM out, SIM in, no chance. Then I did the SIM again in my mobile phone and the phone did not recognize the new card anymore. So, the SIM card is broken. I never ever saw something like this and I have no idea if the radio did brake my card...

The other thing is that Google Maps seems not to get the GPS data from the radio. I can find my position but as soon I start to drive, nothing happens anymore.

The last thing is that the parking assistant seems to be broken after I did the newest update on the radio. It "beeps" now permanentely and I did not finde so far a way to fix that.

I did pay a lot for this device, unfortunately the EU store was empty and I did the mistake to order it in China. The taxes where around 30% of the full price. Having now a device which is not working that way I expected isn't that nice.

Lastly, I have to say that I'm quite good in electonic stuff as I work since 25 Years in IT. But, honestly, I never bought a device in my life which was that badly documented as this Joying device. The manuals that you get with the radio are just ridiculous. I don't get the point why a company which is more or less the market leader in this area don't provide a solid documentation of their products.

I will now try to fix the issues- had to order a new SIM and I have no idea how to fix the other issues.

Our colleague will contact you with the problems. please do not worry.
(12-25-2019, 07:05 AM)admin Wrote:  
(12-24-2019, 05:17 PM)blomus Wrote:  I'm fighting with similar issues on a brand new EU version of JY-VO132N4GS (10.1'' VW Skoda Seat Android 8.1.0 Touch Screen Head Unit).

First I did not get any network connection with the installed SIM.Turned out that you need to disable the PIN (found here in the forum) and then it should work. Did that on a brand new SIM card in my mobile phone and installed it back in the radio. From that moment on the SIM card was not recognized anymore. Did everything, reboot, factory reset, SIM out, SIM in, no chance. Then I did the SIM again in my mobile phone and the phone did not recognize the new card anymore. So, the SIM card is broken. I never ever saw something like this and I have no idea if the radio did brake my card...

The other thing is that Google Maps seems not to get the GPS data from the radio. I can find my position but as soon I start to drive, nothing happens anymore.

The last thing is that the parking assistant seems to be broken after I did the newest update on the radio. It "beeps" now permanentely and I did not finde so far a way to fix that.

I did pay a lot for this device, unfortunately the EU store was empty and I did the mistake to order it in China. The taxes where around 30% of the full price. Having now a device which is not working that way I expected isn't that nice.

Lastly, I have to say that I'm quite good in electonic stuff as I work since 25 Years in IT. But, honestly, I never bought a device in my life which was that badly documented as this Joying device. The manuals that you get with the radio are just ridiculous. I don't get the point why a company which is more or less the market leader in this area don't provide a solid documentation of their products.

I will now try to fix the issues- had to order a new SIM and I have no idea how to fix the other issues.

Our colleague will contact you with the problems. please do not worry.
Hearing "do not worry" a lot.
Joyingauto is helpful but you have to wait 8 hours between communications.
I've had ongoing unsolved problems for 2 months now.
I wish someone in the states would compete.
SKU EU-JY-UO134N4GS-H