EU-JY-UO135N4G - Various issues - No SIM - Canbus etc
Hi,
I received my headhunt EU-JY-UO135N4G today.
Bought it as advised by the Joying EU support but to be honest. I am very disappointed.

1) The unit starts and it detected the SIM card but after a few minutes, it lost the SIM card detection. Since then, no simcard is detected at all..... it never came back on...
2) I connected the headunit via the can bus kit as advised by the EU Support but no steering wheel control
3) The radio is a disaster. It sounds like the antenna cable is not connected at all.
4) Sometimes, at various moments, the file manager pops up

I already send support an email.
Hope they can solve the issues....
Hi,

1) Do ou have reboot the Unit? For me the Sim card have been detected only after reboot. But I can't enter the PIN Code. Did you suceed?
2)What Can bus kit did you buy? Have you configured it in the menu ?
3)Check your adapter.
4) What do you mean by time manager ?
(04-24-2019, 08:08 PM)Attilas Wrote:  Hi,

1) Do ou have reboot the Unit? For me the Sim card have been detected only after reboot. But I can't enter the PIN Code. Did you suceed?
3)Check your adapter.

Hi,
1) how to reboot the unit?
2) I bought this one: https://www.myhandsfree.nl/contents/nl/p56414_CAN-Bus-Kit-Quadlock-_-ISO-_-Antenne-_-ISO-Diverse-modellen-Mercedes-Benz.html It was advised by the Joying support employee... How to configure it?
3) The adapter of the SIM you ment? Checked it various times...
4) Sorry... mistyped it. Ment File Manager
(04-24-2019, 08:21 PM)Blikkie Wrote:  
(04-24-2019, 08:08 PM)Attilas Wrote:  Hi,

3)Check your adapter.

Hi,
1) how to reboot the unit?
2) I bought this one: https://www.myhandsfree.nl/contents/nl/p56414_CAN-Bus-Kit-Quadlock-_-ISO-_-Antenne-_-ISO-Diverse-modellen-Mercedes-Benz.html It was advised by the Joying support employee... How to configure it?
3) The adapter of the SIM you ment? Checked it various times...
4) Sorry... mistyped it. Ment File Manager

1 Top menu: Slide from top to down. Select the round icon and select yes to reboot
2 did you connect Key 1 and KEy 2 from adapter to iso joying Harness? to configure see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjPEOz0a-ho
3 NO the adapter of antena Black and Purple on the photo https://www.myhandsfree.nl/contents/nl/p56414_CAN-Bus-Kit-Quadlock-_-ISO-_-Antenne-_-ISO-Diverse-modellen-Mercedes-Benz.html
4 I dont have this pb. cant help you on this one
(04-24-2019, 07:24 PM)Blikkie Wrote:  Hi,
I received my headhunt EU-JY-UO135N4G today.
Bought it as advised by the Joying EU support but to be honest. I am very disappointed.

1) The unit starts and it detected the SIM card but after a few minutes, it lost the SIM card detection. Since then, no simcard is detected at all..... it never came back on...
2) I connected the headunit via the can bus kit as advised by the EU Support but no steering wheel control
3) The radio is a disaster. It sounds like the antenna cable is not connected at all.

I already send support an email.
Hope they can solve the issues....

For the "file manager app" pop up, please update with this files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ukLTt99odEP2QHwvNJfL2-xSNJNTOL4t

Following are the notes for update:
1) You need to unzip the updated files on the Windows system.and then copy all the unzipped files (not the folder ) to the USB, which is formatted as FAT32.
and then insert it into the USB port which on the back of the head unit, it will be updated automatically.

2) Please do not unzip the files on the USB.

3) You better use the 32GB or less than 32GB USB.
We bought the same unit. Took me some time to get steering wheel working also. I'll try and explain so hopefully you can get it to work.

The box you bought should "listen" on the CAN bus for messages related to the steering wheel buttons. I thought you should redirect the CAN wires (one is CAN High and one is CAN low but the car doesn't like CAN wires to be interrupted. So usually you just splice into them. The harness should do that for you but for my car (Volvo) I have yet to find a harness that actually fits. On the box there should be an "output" to the Joying radio. This can be a small jack plug or just wires. The box translates steering wheel button presses to different resistance values. You have to connect those two wires to the brown and pink Joying wires labelled "key1 and Key2" The order doesn't matter, all these wires do is measure differences in resistance. The head unit then has to "learn" what resistance values correspond to what function. This is the "learning" interface that is by the way very different on this radio than the video above. If everything is hooked up properly you'll see numbers (0-255 I think) on the top and these will change when you press a button. Since CAN bus just sends packages these will fluctuate as the box sees and translates the messages to resistance values. I found that I needed to press a function in the menu (say forinstance volume up) then press the volume up for some time and the radio will assign a number (the resistance value) to that button. Then you save that value. I had to save after every button. Also, my box came with DIP switches for different radio makers (and CAN protocol). The "Pioneer" DIP switch settings worked for me. This has to do with standard sets of resistance values for radio's that don't have the learning function. Sometimes also the values are too close together to be properly read. I hope you can get it to work.

And another thing: I noticed that if I put my DIN FM antenna plug all the way in it has bad connection. If I pulled it out a bit it was way better. So I used some tape to make a "stop" so it can only go in 3/4 of the way and sticks. That worked for me.
@attilas @saffi
Thx for your help guys!

Well,
to be honest.... I didn't worked out. Believe it or not... It was the type of Can Bus Kit we bought (advised by joying). The kit didn't had the cables to connect key 1 and Key 2.... pffff. Replaced it by another kit and it works!!!!

Only 2 things left...
1) The 4G SIM card losses connection within a minute. (Radio said slot is empty???)
2) The build in Radio sucks.... no signals or sometimes a signal....

To be continued!
Small update...
we are having issues now from the start of the 24th...
Till now.... not all of the issues are solved.

NOT SOLVED! - Tried a lot regarding to various requests of a Joying support employee. They now send us a new cable out from China... have to wait for at least 7-9 days to see if it willl solve the problem

SOLVED --- We bought another can but kit from another brand. This solved the problem.

NOT SOLVED --- Still non working. In my opinion the tuner is broken!

SOLVED --- I received a new firmware dat 3-4-2019 This firmware solved the problem but introduced various other problems... we got back to a former firmware 29-3-19 which works.
(05-04-2019, 11:01 AM)Blikkie Wrote:  1) The unit starts and it detected the SIM card but after a few minutes, it lost the SIM card detection. Since then, no simcard is detected at all..... it never came back on...
NOT SOLVED! - Tried a lot regarding to various requests of a Joying support employee. They now send us a new cable out from China... have to wait for at least 7-9 days to see if it willl solve the problem

I have the same issue now, it was working before...
Did you found a solution to this problem ?
THX
I'm fighting with similar issues on a brand new EU version of JY-VO132N4GS (10.1'' VW Skoda Seat Android 8.1.0 Touch Screen Head Unit).

First I did not get any network connection with the installed SIM.Turned out that you need to disable the PIN (found here in the forum) and then it should work. Did that on a brand new SIM card in my mobile phone and installed it back in the radio. From that moment on the SIM card was not recognized anymore. Did everything, reboot, factory reset, SIM out, SIM in, no chance. Then I did the SIM again in my mobile phone and the phone did not recognize the new card anymore. So, the SIM card is broken. I never ever saw something like this and I have no idea if the radio did brake my card...

The other thing is that Google Maps seems not to get the GPS data from the radio. I can find my position but as soon I start to drive, nothing happens anymore.

The last thing is that the parking assistant seems to be broken after I did the newest update on the radio. It "beeps" now permanentely and I did not finde so far a way to fix that.

I did pay a lot for this device, unfortunately the EU store was empty and I did the mistake to order it in China. The taxes where around 30% of the full price. Having now a device which is not working that way I expected isn't that nice.

Lastly, I have to say that I'm quite good in electonic stuff as I work since 25 Years in IT. But, honestly, I never bought a device in my life which was that badly documented as this Joying device. The manuals that you get with the radio are just ridiculous. I don't get the point why a company which is more or less the market leader in this area don't provide a solid documentation of their products.

I will now try to fix the issues- had to order a new SIM and I have no idea how to fix the other issues.