EU-JY-UO135N4G 4G Antenna Quality
Finally got past the SIM not recognized issue. But now I am disappointed with the quality of the antenna. We are using Google FI, which is using TMobile where we are at. Both our Pixel and Pixel 3 have full bar 4G LTE sitting in the car. The radio, with the external antenna ran up and attached to the top of inside of the windshield. Hovers between 1 bar of 4G and 3G.

Is there a better 4G Antenna I can use, is there a recommended installation orientation or location?

Thanks.
(04-27-2019, 12:40 AM)PeteHalsted Wrote:  Finally got past the SIM not recognized issue. But now I am disappointed with the quality of the antenna. We are using Google FI, which is using TMobile where we are at. Both our Pixel and Pixel 3 have full bar 4G LTE sitting in the car. The radio, with the external antenna ran up and attached to the top of inside of the windshield. Hovers between 1 bar of 4G and 3G.

Is there a better 4G Antenna I can use, is there a recommended installation orientation or location?

Thanks.

Could you please email us support@joyingauto.com?
You said that the GPS antenna is bad. may I know how you judge it is bad?
Because the 4G antenna all is the same we sell.
(04-27-2019, 07:07 AM)admin Wrote:  
(04-27-2019, 12:40 AM)PeteHalsted Wrote:  Finally got past the SIM not recognized issue. But now I am disappointed with the quality of the antenna. We are using Google FI, which is using TMobile where we are at. Both our Pixel and Pixel 3 have full bar 4G LTE sitting in the car. The radio, with the external antenna ran up and attached to the top of inside of the windshield. Hovers between 1 bar of 4G and 3G.

Thanks.

Could you please email us support@joyingauto.com?
You said that the GPS antenna is bad. may I know how you judge it is bad?
Because the 4G antenna all is the same we sell.

I'm having the same problem. I have no bars and was on the phone with T-Mobile about an hour. my unit is the JY-UOS01N4GS
"bar meters" aren't really very reliable measure of anything and every manufacturer has own ways for displaying values. What really matters is that whether connection works or not.
(05-04-2019, 10:46 AM)honkkis Wrote:  "bar meters" aren't really very reliable measure of anything and every manufacturer has own ways for displaying values. What really matters is that whether connection works or not.

That's just it. The head unit shows all the protocols are correct. Just no connection.
(05-04-2019, 10:46 AM)honkkis Wrote:  "bar meters" aren't really very reliable measure of anything and every manufacturer has own ways for displaying values. What really matters is that whether connection works or not.

please contact support@joyingauto.com. we can help you with the problems.
Because here cannot share much more information on how to solve the 4G problems.
Hi I have a JY-VO131N4G and my 4G was completely unusable. It would say 1 or 2 bars but it was too bad to even run a speed test. It did not matter what antenna I used, nothing changed.

I opened up the head unit to investigate and found that they decided to try and save a portion of a cent by directly soldering the antenna jack's fly lead onto the mainboard instead of using the little push in connectors (like the internal ones used on a laptop wifi card).

On the board, there is a trace that goes to a push in antenna jack then next to that is a big solder pad. It does appear however that the pad they soldered to is not connected to anything. meaning the antenna jack you are connecting the 4g antenna to is not actually connected to the 4G chipset.
it looks sort of like this:

-----------------------------------------------------O------------------------------------------[]
(Trace leading from 4G modem) (push in antenna jack) (Solder point antenna is actually connected to)

the left and right side of the O in the diagram are not electrically connected, however, it appears that the design used assumes that it is

google "smd connector wifi" to get an idea of the connector I'm talking about.

anyway, I was able to get mine to work well buy soldering a small jumper wire from the left side of the push in connector to the right side, making the pad they soldered to electrically connected to the modem.

mind you, I did this with a microscope and a micro soldering pencil.

you could probably just order a new fly lead with the push in connector and attach to the connector next to the pad they soldered to.
I also have the problem. With the Sim card I only receive from time to time. Currently I use a WI-Fi dongle but this means I lack a free USB slot.
(05-07-2019, 02:32 PM)azzaboy18 Wrote:  Hi I have a JY-VO131N4G and my 4G was completely unusable. It would say 1 or 2 bars but it was too bad to even run a speed test. It did not matter what antenna I used, nothing changed.

I opened up the head unit to investigate and found that they decided to try and save a portion of a cent by directly soldering the antenna jack's fly lead onto the mainboard instead of using the little push in connectors (like the internal ones used on a laptop wifi card).

On the board, there is a trace that goes to a push in antenna jack then next to that is a big solder pad. It does appear however that the pad they soldered to is not connected to anything. meaning the antenna jack you are connecting the 4g antenna to is not actually connected to the 4G chipset.
it looks sort of like this:

-----------------------------------------------------O------------------------------------------[]
(Trace leading from 4G modem)      (push in antenna jack)         (Solder point antenna is actually connected to)

the left and right side of the O in the diagram are not electrically connected, however, it appears that the design used assumes that it is

google "smd connector wifi" to get an idea of the connector I'm talking about.

anyway, I was able to get mine to work well buy soldering a small jumper wire from the left side of the push in connector to the right side, making the pad they soldered to electrically connected to the modem.

mind you, I did this with a microscope and a micro soldering pencil.

you could probably just order a new fly lead with the push in connector and attach to the connector next to the pad they soldered to.

hello, can you put some pics of your tweak ? for example before and after ? to understand the problem and your solution ? it's good for the joying communauty . i see that many people have the same problem.
(08-22-2019, 10:02 AM)Subway1974 Wrote:  I also have the problem. With the Sim card I only receive from time to time. Currently I use a WI-Fi dongle but this means I lack a free USB slot.

i added a usb hub (extern DD ,TVR and usb key) and it's ok

https://www.amazon.fr/Sabrent-commutateurs-dalimentation-individuels-HB-UM43/dp/B00JX1ZS5O/ref=asc_df_B00JX1ZS5O/?tag=googshopfr-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=90712237972&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11461273689460416506&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9055325&hvtargid=pla-276427080175&psc=1