Still no google assistant calling
Been a couple months and still no fix from Joying on some of the airmont units firmware to make calls using google assistant. When will you fix this?
(11-09-2019, 09:46 PM)Raccoon Wrote:  Been a couple months and still no fix from Joying on some of the airmont units firmware to make calls using google assistant. When will you fix this?

Could you please send us the screenshot of your "about device" on your head unit?
(11-11-2019, 08:45 AM)admin Wrote:  
(11-09-2019, 09:46 PM)Raccoon Wrote:  Been a couple months and still no fix from Joying on some of the airmont units firmware to make calls using google assistant. When will you fix this?

Could you please send us the screenshot of your "about device" on your head unit?

It (all info on it, including screenshot)was sent a month ago to you (Joying). Others with the same problem have done the same. I received a reply that you were aware of the situation and a fix was being worked on.
(11-11-2019, 08:45 AM)admin Wrote:  

Please don't ask this. Many users already complained about this including myself via direct emails. On the XDA-forums are at least 2 users having the same unit as I do (JY-VO132N4GS). We are all on the same firmware level. One user can't use the google assistant, like myself, the other user has a functional google assistant.
I think this unit is really good, but the not functioning Google Assistant is becoming an increasing annoyance.
(a.k.a. surfer63 on XDA)
Again Google Assistant stopped working

I flashed the 2019-11-28 firmware last Wednesday or so. Making phone calls using Google Assistant worked fine again until today. Today it stopped working again.

What I did notice though that when it did not work anymore and I opened the BT app, the contacts were gone. And of course Google or the BT app can't dial if I mention a non-existing contact.
I immediately reloaded my contacts from my phone into the BT app, but it did not work anymore.
A reboot did not make it work either, also a "restore to factory settings" (I hate that) did not work either.

I have now the idea that Google detects missing contacts, or that the BT app "signals/broadcasts/whatever" to Google that the BT app has no contacts.
And somehow this message/status/broadcast/whatever is never corrected by the BT app.
Like if some message has been set "no contacts, forget it" and that message or status is never reset.

I will also post this directly to Joying.
(a.k.a. surfer63 on XDA)
Anyway: I am now back on the work around I posted a month ago.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81002349&postcount=1353

It's a pity that direct calls via Google Assistant do not work anymore. It should simply function like on all those other brands.
(a.k.a. surfer63 on XDA)