Force Firmware Update
I have one of the Intel Airmont 7" head units running Android 8.1. I am trying to update the firmware, but nothing I try will activate the update sequence. I have successfully updated it in the past.

Here is what I have tried:
• Copied files to 8GB FAT32 SD Card and put in SD card slot on front of unit
• Copied files to 8GB FAT32 USB flash drive and tried in both USB ports
• Tried putting SD card and USB drive in, press reset button, then press reset button again during car logo boot (before it says Google)

I can read both the SD card and USB drive when I insert them, but the unit does not automatically update.

Anyone know how I can force an update?
(12-17-2019, 07:42 PM)ChrisM Wrote:  I have one of the Intel Airmont 7" head units running Android 8.1.  I am trying to update the firmware, but nothing I try will activate the update sequence.  I have successfully updated it in the past.

Here is what I have tried:
• Copied files to 8GB FAT32 SD Card and put in SD card slot on front of unit
• Copied files to 8GB FAT32 USB flash drive and tried in both USB ports
• Tried putting SD card and USB drive in, press reset button, then press reset button again during car logo boot (before it says Google)

I can read both the SD card and USB drive when I insert them, but the unit does not automatically update.

Anyone know how I can force an update?

Please send your screenshot of "about device" on your head unit.
Please also send the video on how you unzipped the file on the windows computer. and how you copy the unzipped files to the USB drivers.