Poor device quality!
Poor device quality!
I received a JY-UO135N4G, instead of a broken one, and now the GPS has stopped working, it does not catch a signal from any satellite. I checked the connections and settings, but nothing has changed. In the first device, the radio tuner failed, after about one year. In the second, the GPS signal disappeared. And in the first and second case, the representative of the service, for a very long time trying to give different tips to fix the problem. Unfortunately, this did not lead to anything. The first time I replaced the device after sending the old mail back to them. In the second case, after a long correspondence with instructions and photos of the settings, I was asked to send the device for repair to China at my expense. Suspected motherboard defect. I asked for the price of the motherboard, thinking that it would be somewhat cheaper and more convenient for me, given the customs clearance and taxes, and I won’t be left without a head unit for a long time. I was very surprised and at the same time, disappointed with the offer for the price of the motherboard! With the cost of a similar device at $ 295, including shipping, I was given a price for a bare motherboard, $ 200! It turns out that all the other components (processor, display, case, GPS module, WiFi antenna, connectors and set of harnesses), as well as assembly and delivery work, cost only about $ 95?
I was hoping that the manufacturer, feeling his responsibility for the quality of the products, would be able to offer an adequate cost at the cost level, but no!
Two devices failed in 2.5 years, this should give an occasion to all who wish to purchase these products, about such expediency. Definitely not recommending!
(05-12-2020, 11:16 AM)saveigor Wrote:  It turns out that all the other components (processor, display, case, GPS module, WiFi antenna, connectors and set of harnesses), as well as assembly and delivery work, cost only about $ 95?

No, that's not the case. They mark up the individual parts a LOT. I've got one of the single DIN 8.8" widescreen units and was considering sometime down the road getting the 10.25" widescreen display by itself and put it on mine if I wanted a bigger screen since other than the screen sizes they are identical.
I got quoted a similarly high price somewhere in the vicinity for 200-250 when my unit itself cost $338.
They're gouging us on replacement parts.