WiFi Stopped Working
Hi

I have a model - JY-UM128P2

The unit just stopped connecting to my wifi out of the clear blue. It was working last week perfectly. Now the wifi Icon at the top of the main screen wont even show and i wont allow me to click the wifi button in settings. Do i need to upgrade the firmware? if so please send me a link to it.

I have incuded pics of my unit:

[Image: image0.jpg]
[Image: image1.jpg]
[Image: image2.jpg]
Has anyone experienced this wifi issue...
Ok, I tried trouble shooting this problem myself since I’m getting no help here..

I reloaded the firmware with hopes that it would correct the problem. Firm ware reload was a no go. But it did point me to a possible diagnosis.

When I reloaded the firmware I had to calibrate the screen at initial boot up. My unit had difficulty registering touch on the screen. Finally got it to calibrate and found that the unit won’t allow access to the WiFi controls or factory / user settings. I have the code but when you press the button the screen won’t register on these areas.

All other buttons are working. It seems the unit won’t allow access to WiFi / user / factory settings.

Can you give me come guidance on why my unit is not able to access the WiFi controls or factory settings. Could this be a hardware issue or software problem.
(06-23-2020, 05:06 AM)biggadon Wrote:  Ok, I tried trouble shooting this problem myself since I’m getting no help here..

I reloaded the firmware with hopes that it would correct the problem. Firm ware reload was a no go. But it did point me to a possible diagnosis.

When I reloaded the firmware I had to calibrate the screen at initial boot up.  My unit had difficulty registering touch on the screen. Finally got it to calibrate and found that the unit won’t allow access to the WiFi controls or factory / user settings. I have the code but when you press the button the screen won’t register on these areas.

All other buttons are working. It seems the unit won’t allow access to WiFi / user / factory settings.

Can you give me come guidance on why my unit is not able to access the WiFi controls or factory settings. Could this be a hardware issue or software problem.

Please try to factory reset the head unit system.
After factory reset, you can udpate the head unit with file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NxlI7ZjofjlPdThJ9v4y6cnERbyHLbtu/view

Following are the notes for the update:
1) You need to unzip the updated files on the Windows system.and then copy all the unzipped files (not the folder ) to the USB, which is formatted as FAT32.
and then insert it into the USB port which on the back of the head unit, it will be updated automatically.

2) Please do not unzip the files on the USB.

3) You better use the 32GB or less than 32GB USB.
(07-11-2020, 08:22 AM)admin Wrote:  
(06-23-2020, 05:06 AM)biggadon Wrote:  Ok, I tried trouble shooting this problem myself since I’m getting no help here..

When I reloaded the firmware I had to calibrate the screen at initial boot up.  My unit had difficulty registering touch on the screen. Finally got it to calibrate and found that the unit won’t allow access to the WiFi controls or factory / user settings. I have the code but when you press the button the screen won’t register on these areas.

Please try to factory reset the head unit system.
After factory reset, you can udpate the head unit with file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NxlI7ZjofjlPdThJ9v4y6cnERbyHLbtu/view

Following are the notes for the update:
1) You need to unzip the updated files on the Windows system.and then copy all the unzipped files (not the folder )  to the USB, which is formatted as FAT32.
and then insert it into the USB port which on the back of the head unit, it will be updated automatically.

2) Please do not unzip the files on the USB.

3) You better use the 32GB or less than 32GB USB.

I uploaded the update as you instructed.

My radio can not calibrate the screen. Now it is stuck in calibration mode and will only work with a keyboard hooked via usb.

Can you help with calibration of the screen. Do I need a new screen or is the unit going bad?

ALL OTHER THINGS WORK WELL WITH RADIO EXCEPT FOR CALIBRATION
Can I purchase a screen for model - JY-UM128P2
The touch screen is not working.
My unit doesn't connect to WiFi on 5ghz. It sees the SSID then says "connecting" and then it never makes the connection. I've tried factory reset and "forget connection". I have ~25 devices on my LAN running with no issues.

https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-9-inch-android-head-unit-for-toyota-tacoma-2005-2015-apple-carplay.html