Bluetooth dropping
I'll try and keep it short... Recently the Bluetooth connectivity has been dropping on my Joying JY-UO128N4G between it and my Samsung S10.

It started happening at the same time my Samsung S10 had a software update. Nothing changed on the Joying unit.

I would blame my phone, only the Bluetooth works fine on multiple other devices and speakers.

I try playing a song and it will randomly cut out. Sometimes 30 seconds, other times 30 minutes. The link between the two devices is lost and if I wait 10-15 seconds it reconnects and I can resume playing. If I toggle airplane mode on my phone to ON then OFF, it will generally work fine for hours afterwards. Until the next time I go to turn my vehicle on to use the head unit.

I have tried the following so far:

Software update to newest version on the Joying.
Toggled different Bluetooth versions in developer options on both phone and headunit.
Reset Bluetooth on headunit.
Deleted cache/data for Bluetooth app on phone.
Reset network/Bluetooth settings on phone

I'm at a loss as to what the cause might be. Next I will try a different phone with the headunit to see if the issue persists.

I understand this is most likely due to the software update on the Samsung S10 but I am still at a loss as to what the incompatibility could be if the phone works fine with Bluetooth and other devices....

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. My Joying headunit has worked wonderfully for the last year.
(07-23-2020, 02:31 AM)MacGruber Wrote:  I'll try and keep it short... Recently the Bluetooth connectivity has been dropping on my Joying JY-UO128N4G between it and my Samsung S10.

It started happening at the same time my Samsung S10 had a software update. Nothing changed on the Joying unit.

I would blame my phone, only the Bluetooth works fine on multiple other devices and speakers.

I try playing a song and it will randomly cut out. Sometimes 30 seconds, other times 30 minutes. The link between the two devices is lost and if I wait 10-15 seconds it reconnects and I can resume playing. If I toggle airplane mode on my phone to ON then OFF, it will generally work fine for hours afterwards. Until the next time I go to turn my vehicle on to use the head unit.

I have tried the following so far:

Software update to newest version on the Joying.
Toggled different Bluetooth versions in developer options on both phone and headunit.
Reset Bluetooth on headunit.
Deleted cache/data for Bluetooth app on phone.
Reset network/Bluetooth settings on phone

I'm at a loss as to what the cause might be. Next I will try a different phone with the headunit to see if the issue persists.

I understand this is most likely due to the software update on the Samsung S10 but I am still at a loss as to what the incompatibility could be if the phone works fine with Bluetooth and other devices....

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. My Joying headunit has worked wonderfully for the last year.

Could you please send your screenshot of "about device" on your head unit? we need to check.
Glad to hear I am not the only one having this problem, it is really annoying to me because it drops out multiple times. And as you said I use my phone to bluetooth to many devices with no problems on any others
Same exact issue here. I'm currently in contact with Joying to support to see if they can resolve the issue.

Video of problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16-X8RUkhdBVZ-3tnvtrAJ5NIxB2hs3Sa/view?usp=sharing