poor radio reception
I'm getting poor radio reception, both AM and FM with my  JY-HQS01N4G-2.  I've hooked up the power to my amplified antenna and checked all the connections.  Reception is much worse than with the stock Honda radio.
The same problem here...

I also tried to fix it with a new roof antenna, but it is still noisy on all radio stations.

A 'solution' is to install an internet radio app Car Radio.
Important: this app does use mobile data.

Is there a way to update the original radio app?

Does Joying has a fix for this big problem?
Same problem on the JY-HQS01N4G-1

It's useless. Can't find stations, need to scan 0.5 manually all the way and when it's at the right frequency it is noisy. Everything is connected correctly and the reception is flawless on the car's standard radio.

How come there are no joying support people answering on these posts?? Nothing seems to get solved ....
(01-29-2021, 02:27 PM)Abarth695 Wrote:  Same problem on the JY-HQS01N4G-1

It's useless. Can't find stations, need to scan 0.5 manually all the way and when it's at the right frequency it is noisy. Everything is connected correctly and the reception is flawless on the car's standard radio.

How come there are no joying support people answering on these posts?? Nothing seems to get solved ....

Please conatct support@joyingauto.com or carjoying@gmail.com

I have the same problem and have found a fix.

I checked the unit's blue antenna power output wire with with a meter and it is only outputting 10.6V instead of 12V like it is supposed to.  So instead of using that wire, I connected my car's signal booster to to the same 12V supply that feeds the headunit itself and PRESTO!  I get normal radio reception again.  The booster is not working properly with 10.6V, it really needs the full 12V.

I have asked another Joying owner to check and he is getting 12V from his antenna output.  Since there are several of us here with the same reception problem, I suspect the 10.6V output is a defect with some units.

Anyway connect your car's signal booster to full 12V power and it should fix the problem.

Joying, you may have a design fault here.
Could you please explain where you plug the 12V ?
I have the same problem on my UQS03N4G

Really poor poor radio reception
Obo, your car likely has a built in antenna amplifier (I believe all modern cars do). It needs 12V to operate. You'll have to find out which wire that is on your car; every car is different. On my car it is blue. Take that wire and connect it to the same 12V wire that the radio gets its power from. That should fix the reception,

You can connect it to either the 12V switched power (that comes on with the ignition) or the constant 12V (that provides constant power for the radio's memory) that you already connected the radio to. The switched one is better because otherwise the antenna amplifier will be on and drawing battery power all the time.
(02-07-2021, 11:18 PM)toecheese Wrote:  

I have the same problem and have found a fix.

I checked the unit's blue antenna power output wire with with a meter and it is only outputting 10.6V instead of 12V like it is supposed to.  So instead of using that wire, I connected my car's signal booster to to the same 12V supply that feeds the headunit itself and PRESTO!  I get normal radio reception again.  The booster is not working properly with 10.6V, it really needs the full 12V.

I have asked another Joying owner to check and he is getting 12V from his antenna output.  Since there are several of us here with the same reception problem, I suspect the 10.6V output is a defect with some units.

Anyway connect your car's signal booster to full 12V power and it should fix the problem.

Joying, you may have a design fault here.

Hi
Many thanks for the info as I got a similar issue on my Joying for Honda CRV 2012-2016.
My blue cable powering the antenna got a …2.29V !
So, as you , I connected this blue antenna cable to the yellow cable powering the head unit with 12V, and magic ….I got FM reception .
It sounds good.

However my reception was good on roughly 20 Fm stations but once back home, I still have poor FM reception on some.
So I need to double checked with my other car if I have a poor reception too on the same FM radios

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)