recenty installed - no android auto plus basic questions
Hello to Joying user forums, I'm hopeful to receive some recommendations...

I recently installed JY-UQ135N4G - Joying Latest 7 Inch Double Din Android 10.0 Car Navigation System Built-In DSP - purchase date: April 5 2021.

I really wanted a physical volume knob, which this unit has along with a vertical row of control buttons. My vehicle is a 20 yr old landcruiser that does not have any steering wheel controls. And I am hoping to be able to install Gaia GPS (or other offline GPS enabled map nav program) but we'll get to that...

First up is android Auto - it does not initiate from usb connection or bluetooth (BT) I am limited to BT music only and radio...pretty underwhelming so far. I can find Auto in the apps folder but cannot manipulate or seem to be able to make any changes...My phone is a Galaxy S9 running android 10, so i do not expect wireless android auto, but do expect usb android auto. The phone has successfully paired to the joying using BT, but does not appear as a file or external device when connected to the USB, I do get charge power from both of the USB cables so they are connected to the head unit.

As an aside, I am unable to login to my google account on the head unit...is this mandatory prior to using android Auto?

That brings me to how to make changes to the head unit system, I am able to connect to my home wifi with a strong signal, am I able to connect to the system interface using its 192.168.x.x IP address? I am hoping i do not have to have a winx machine to initiate software updates(along with micro sd card), as I do not have either in the house.

finally, am I able to add additional apps like Gaia GPS or other android friendly apps?

Thank you for your help!
Photo 
Bump
Bump
(04-27-2021, 04:31 PM)Scottpete65 Wrote:  Hello to Joying user forums, I'm hopeful to receive some recommendations...

I recently installed JY-UQ135N4G - Joying Latest 7 Inch Double Din Android 10.0 Car Navigation System Built-In DSP - purchase date:  April 5 2021.

I really wanted a physical volume knob, which this unit has along with a vertical row of control buttons. My vehicle is a 20 yr old landcruiser that does not have any steering wheel controls.  And I am hoping to be able to install Gaia GPS (or other offline GPS enabled map nav program) but we'll get to that...

First up is android Auto - it does not initiate from usb connection or bluetooth (BT) I am limited to BT music only and radio...pretty underwhelming so far.  I can find Auto in the apps folder but cannot manipulate or seem to be able to make any changes...My phone is a Galaxy S9 running android 10, so i do not expect wireless android auto, but do expect usb android auto.  The phone has successfully paired to the joying using BT, but does not appear as a file or external device when connected to the USB, I do get charge power from both of the USB cables so they are connected to the head unit.

As an aside, I am unable to login to my google account on the head unit...is this mandatory prior to using android Auto?

That brings me to how to make changes to the head unit system,  I am able to connect to my home wifi with a strong signal, am I able to connect to the system interface using its 192.168.x.x IP address?  I am hoping i do not have to have a winx machine to initiate software updates(along with micro sd card), as I do not have either in the house.

finally, am I able to add additional apps like Gaia GPS or other android friendly apps?

Thank you for your help!

If your head unit is android 10.0 and cannot log in the Google, please update with this file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lbhsVW1mCqOZCsL5wu22RS9YwCL-unS_/view?usp=sharing