Intel Sofia JY-UMS03N2 Certificate error
Hello,
My head unit is no longer connecting to internet properly. It appears to be a certificate error, so I checked the usual things like Date & time settings, and these are set to automatically get from network. Home screen displays the correct time & date.

Internet provided by a 4G WiFi dongle (iphone works perfectly with same WiFi)

Joying Browser always pops-up a Certificate Error on all websites.

Waze & Google Maps fail to get traffic data, and report Network Error, but I suspect these also have cert errors.

Firmware = Jan 2018, Android 6.0.

Thanks,
Pete
(05-11-2021, 10:05 AM)pete_P38 Wrote:  Hello,
My head unit is no longer connecting to internet properly.   It appears to be a certificate error, so I checked the usual things like Date & time settings, and these are set to automatically get from network.   Home screen displays the correct time & date.

Internet provided by a 4G WiFi dongle  (iphone works perfectly with same WiFi)

Waze & Google Maps fail to get traffic data, and report Network Error, but I suspect these also have cert errors.  

Thanks,
Pete

You can try to update the head unit. may I know your screenshot of "about device" on your head unit?
(05-12-2021, 09:41 AM)admin Wrote:  
(05-11-2021, 10:05 AM)pete_P38 Wrote:  Hello,
My head unit is no longer connecting to internet properly.   It appears to be a certificate error, so I checked the usual things like Date & time settings, and these are set to automatically get from network.   Home screen displays the correct time & date.

Internet provided by a 4G WiFi dongle  (iphone works perfectly with same WiFi)

Thanks,
Pete

You can try to update the head unit. may I know your screenshot of "about device" on your head unit?

Using info from XDA-Developers forums, I have traced the issue to GPS Week Number Roll-Over.

The issue is caused by GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO) issue, it can be fixed in Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk but we need a programmer who knows how.  The date is exactly 1024 weeks behind the real date and it can be fixed by calculating 1024 weeks on to the GPS date.

for example like this (example code)

JavaScript :

long gpsTime = location.getTime();

// Adding 1024 weeks for chips with GPS Week Number Rollover issue
// 1024 * 7 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000 = 619315200000L
if ((gpsTime > 0) && (gpsTime < 1546300800000L))
 gpsTime += 619315200000L;