JY-UQD11N4G - 4G sim card - how to get this working
The JY-UQD11N4G provides an inbuild 4G sim card slot (fixed cable). I understand that this sim card is not to be used for phone calls. It is used to get internet access. I have a sim card only for data trafic. Can anyone tell me how to configure that to get it working?

When I put this sim card in the sim card slot (cable) the status for sim cards tells me, that this is sim card 2. That indicates, that there is another option to insert a sim card. Where is the slot for sim card 1? Is this the favorite slot for a data sim card?

Is there a more detailied manual available for this head unit?

Thanks
Chris
I truly welcome this superb post that you have accommodated us. I guarantee this would be valuable for the vast majority of the general population. CFAH.org
(06-25-2021, 06:05 PM)Chrisna Wrote:  The JY-UQD11N4G provides an inbuild 4G sim card slot (fixed cable). I understand that this sim card is not to be used for phone calls. It is used to get internet access. I have a sim card only for data trafic. Can anyone tell me how to configure that to get it working?

When I put this sim card in the sim card slot (cable) the status for sim cards tells me, that this is sim card 2. That indicates, that there is another option to insert a sim card. Where is the slot for sim card 1? Is this the favorite slot for a data sim card?

Is there a more detailied manual available for this head unit?

Thanks
Chris

Did you ever get this working? I followed their steps posted in the blog and it only made the problem worse. Now the card isn't even recognized at all. I have the system torn apart on my desk attached to a benchtop power supply trying anything to get it working, but nothing is working.

I have had nothing but problems with this device since the day I got it, and this is just one more thing that should be really simple, but they've somehow made it incredibly complex or completely nonfunctional.
I'm having trouble with mine too, but it was working.

I can confirm that SIM2 is the correct slot. I have no idea what or where the SIM1 slot is, but mine was working in the SIM2 'dongle'.

I'm not sure what the secret is to getting it working. I seem to remember it initially didn't work, then I looked into the settings, couldn't find anything to change but then it suddenly started working. Unfortunately I've had the unit out of the car a couple of times as I'm doing a lot of work on the car, and I recently updated the firmware, and now it doesn't seem to want to work at all.

I'm in Australia (on Telstra) so things may be different, but for what it's worth:

SIM slot 2 is correct
Make sure wifi is off and mobile data is on
I didn't need a username or password - an active SIM should just work
Check the notification bar at the top of the screen for 3G/4G bars - if they are there then your aerial and SIM are working
Maybe try deleting the access point data and rebooting, see if it refreshes, or create a new one
I will have more of a play with mine over the next few days, if I come up with anything else I'll post it here.
AU-JY-UQS11N6G: 1 DIN / 11.6" Capacitive Touchscreen / 1920*1080P / 1.8GHZ 8-Core UIS7862 / 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM / Android 10.0
(02-15-2022, 10:35 AM)fognozzle Wrote:  I'm having trouble with mine too, but it was working.

I can confirm that SIM2 is the correct slot. I have no idea what or where the SIM1 slot is, but mine was working in the SIM2 'dongle'.

I'm not sure what the secret is to getting it working. I seem to remember it initially didn't work, then I looked into the settings, couldn't find anything to change but then it suddenly started working. Unfortunately I've had the unit out of the car a couple of times as I'm doing a lot of work on the car, and I recently updated the firmware, and now it doesn't seem to want to work at all.

I'm in Australia (on Telstra) so things may be different, but for what it's worth:

SIM slot 2 is correct
Make sure wifi is off and mobile data is on
I didn't need a username or password - an active SIM should just work
Check the notification bar at the top of the screen for 3G/4G bars - if they are there then your aerial and SIM are working
Maybe try deleting the access point data and rebooting, see if it refreshes, or create a new one
I will have more of a play with mine over the next few days, if I come up with anything else I'll post it here.

Insert the SIM card into the mobile phone and deactivate the SIM card password.
Not sure what happened to my response from a few days ago, but my problem was fixed by going to android mobile network settings, deleting the APN and creating a new one using just the correct APN for my provider and giving it a name. The rest of the fields populated correctly and the connection worked straight away.
AU-JY-UQS11N6G: 1 DIN / 11.6" Capacitive Touchscreen / 1920*1080P / 1.8GHZ 8-Core UIS7862 / 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM / Android 10.0