Touchscreen not working
Hello,

I recently picked up a 9" head unit for my 2004 Prado / Lexus GX470 just about a month ago. It had been working great but yesterday the touchscreen stopped working correctly. The bottom 1/3 of the screen stopped responding to touch. I've tried to do the calibration stuff in the settings menus and the touch screen tests, but it never sees the touches at that end of the screen. I've been able to navigate around enough to try that stuff by using a mouse and then unplugging it to test the touch screen. I've factory reset the device and plugged it from power for a couple hours just to see if that would help.

Is there anything to be done to fix this? It's only a month old but enough time has gone by for me to return it from Amazon here in the US.

Thanks
(03-06-2022, 08:17 PM)MajesticNerd Wrote:  Hello,

I recently picked up a 9" head unit for my 2004 Prado / Lexus GX470 just about a month ago. It had been working great but yesterday the touchscreen stopped working correctly. The bottom 1/3 of the screen stopped responding to touch. I've tried to do the calibration stuff in the settings menus and the touch screen tests, but it never sees the touches at that end of the screen. I've been able to navigate around enough to try that stuff by using a mouse and then unplugging it to test the touch screen. I've factory reset the device and plugged it from power for a couple hours just to see if that would help.

Is there anything to be done to fix this? It's only a month old but enough time has gone by for me to return it from Amazon here in the US.

Thanks

Pleae contact support@joyingauto.com
(03-06-2022, 08:17 PM)MajesticNerd Wrote:  Hello,

Thanks

I also bought a 9" Joying headunit for my Toyota Tacoma and experienced the exact same issue. The headunit worked great for about two months. Then the touch screen started to become unresponsive at the bottom and the unresponsiveness slowly moved up the screen. Around two weeks later the entire screen no longer responded to touch.

I have been going back and forth with the Joying customer service for almost 2 months and have pulled the headunit out of my car probably 12 times trying to fix it.
Did you ever get your fixed and if so how did you do it?
Are you still having touchscreen issues, or is it an easy fix without a warranty return?