citroen C5 x7 harness
Hello,
I have a new Joying head unit. Connected today with the supplied harness for a Citroen C5x7 from 2008.
Problem I have now, I assume that the connection with the harness is plug and play? so connect the connection from the Citroen radio to the Joying Citroen C5x7 harness, which then connect to the Joying head unit and everything should work? is this correct? or do I have to assign all buttons in the head unit first? I don't see a backup power supply with the harness. How does the head unit know to turn on the rear view camera when engaged in reverse? Could it be that I have the wrong harness or a broken one?
(06-24-2023, 09:25 AM)carlos Wrote:  Hello,
I have a new Joying head unit. Connected today with the supplied harness for a Citroen C5x7 from 2008.
Problem I have now, I assume that the connection with the harness is plug and play? so connect the connection from the Citroen radio to the Joying Citroen C5x7 harness, which then connect to the Joying head unit and everything should work? is this correct? or do I have to assign all buttons in the head unit first? I don't see a backup power supply with the harness. How does the head unit know to turn on the rear view camera when engaged in reverse? Could it be that I have the wrong harness or a broken one?

Obviously wait to see what Joying has to say when they reply to you, but in the meantime if this is helpful... I understand that the car's original backup cameras are not always supported by the new head units. And if this is the Joying unit you got, it seems that's the case for you... There's a note near the bottom of the page that

"1. Joying Android Autoradios cannot support the original Car GPS antenna, USB, Original Backup Camera, Bluetooth, and microphone. But Joying radios come with GPS antenna, USB Ports, Bluetooth, Microphone, and Backup Camera(the backup camera needs purchase separately."

Depending on which original factory stereo you had, the connection from the Citroen that connects to the Joying harness may already include the wire that provides the reverse trigger.  This document may help figure that out.

Hope that's of some use? Good luck.
Hi,
Thx for the reply and help you offer, but i'm not trying to connect any original item of the car to the head unit. The thing not working is the harness i bought with the head unit.
Normally, the function of the car, such as steering wheel controls, will have to be translated to the head unit via the harness. I will then be able to use the control buttons of the car to, for example, turn the volume up or down. Now there is no response at all when the harness is connected.
(06-25-2023, 09:37 AM)carlos Wrote:  Hi,
Thx for the reply and help you offer, but i'm not trying to connect any original item of the car to the head unit. The thing not working is the harness i bought with the head unit.
Normally, the function of the car, such as steering wheel controls, will have to be translated to the head unit via the harness. I will then be able to use the control buttons of the car to, for example, turn the volume up or down. Now there is no response at all when the harness is connected.

Ah, I misunderstood. Sorry about that. Some more ideas below to consider if you like while waiting for Joying -- but of course feel free to ignore. I'm very, very far from being an expert. Just an amateur who's looking into some of this stuff recently as I deal with issues on my own Joying unit

First, I assume they included a CAN BUS decoder with your harness. On the back of the head unit, if using the CAN BUS harness, I believe you should have CAN IN and CAN OUT wires connected. If not using the can bus harness, then CAN OUT would probably instead be connected to KEY wire. So I'd double check that first.

On the steering wheel controls (SWC), I did have to go through settings on the head unit to set up the function for each steering wheel button before they worked. It was quick once I found the right SWC settings menu. As far as I remember, those settings were in a sub-menu under the General menu in Settings. If not there, possibly under Factory menu.

With the CAN BUS decoder, you also may have to check in Settings to make sure the right can box type (and car model) are selected. On my unit, you do that in Car Model settings under the Factory menu. Those should match your can box type (e.g., RTA, XP, Raise are some possible brands) and car model. And if you are not using a can bus decoder those settings should probably all be set to null.

Lastly, while hopefully not the case, there is the possibility of failure due to excess wear in the resistance of the car's controls that you're hooking into. But plenty of other things to check and try before going there...
thx for the reply obcjot. I need to do some testing for Joying.