Head Unit Drains Battery
Hi all,
I hope someone can help me a bit. I got a 2009 Pajero with the MMCS and Rockford. I have installed successfully an Android Head Unit from Joying.
Of course, I had the same issues as all of you with the AMP not turning on. After a lot of trying, I managed to turn the AMP on with the provided Harness by soldering the AMP CTRL Wire to the AMP ON wire from the car harness. This is the first strange thing already, all reports which I found about this said that they had to connect to the ANTENNA POWER wire, the pink one. In my case, it worked with the AMP ON Wire.

Now I also found this here: https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/mitsubishi-pajero-4-montero-shogun-v80-v90-2006-2018

The guys from teyes are mentioning that this solution leads into a drained battery, and the solution seems to be to install a relay.

Ok... I tried it for now without the relay, because I measured the voltage there and was able to see 12V only when ACC is switched on. If ACC is not switched on, there are 0V. So my thought was that there is no need for a relay.

Now I was for 2 weeks on vacation without the car, when I returned, the car was dead. So my first guess was of course this relay stuff, but is it plausible in my case to install a relay there even if there are 0V when the car is switched off?

Has anyone else measured this pinout like me, so I know if it makes sense to install the relay or not?

And if I will install the relay, where are the best points to grab ACC and 0-VE for the relay to be switched?

Thanks a lot in advance